You can collaborate on the board with other people in real time by sharing a link to this board. Shared boards and all changes made on them are saved in the cloud, so all participants working on a given board see the changes made in real time.
As the owner of the board, you have the ability to assign the following permissions to other users:
- Viewing access: You can create a link that will allow anyone to open the board, or limit access only to certain people who will have assigned names.
- Drawing access: Decide whether you want to allow others to make changes on the board, or limit their capabilities to viewing only.
- Chat access: Choose whether the people you invited will be able to use the chat.
Inviting to collaborate
You can invite others to collaborate on the board in real time by sharing a link to it. Everyone who works on the board sees the changes made in real time.
Only people you invite to collaborate can open the board and make changes to it.
A person who has the link will be able to open the board or pass it on. After sharing the board by name, you can change user permissions at any time.
Tip: If you want to maintain control over the board and increase its security, avoid sending links not assigned to a specific name. Using such a link allows many people to join the board under any name, which can make their later removal difficult.
Creating and managing invitations
If you are the owner of the board, you have the ability to invite additional participants. To do this, use the "Share" option located on the toolbar:
- Click on the "Share" option.
- In the "Enter name" field, enter the name of the person you want to share the board with.
- Select the scope of permissions by checking the appropriate boxes: "Drawing" and "Chatting".
- If you do not enter a name, anyone who receives such a link will receive a random name or will be able to choose their own.
- Copy the link to the clipboard by clicking on it so you can later send or publish it using any internet service. Then open the app or service you want to use to share the link, click where you want to paste the link, and then select the "Edit > Paste" menu command or use the Command-V keyboard shortcut.
- Click on the share icon to use the system share function or mail program.
Tip: You can use the Enter key to move to editing the link for the next person, while keeping the last selected permissions.
Ending Board Sharing
If you are the owner of the board, you can stop sharing it with specific people, preventing them from viewing or editing the board.
- Go to the text input field in the chat.
- Click "Send" or press Enter to send the command and block access.
When you block access to the board, people with the blocked name will be removed from the board, and the name link will become inactive unless you later unblock it using the command